Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I Was Doing When I Wasn't Posting

Asalaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! In sha Allaah this finds you in ever increasing emaan. It has been a while since my last post but I thought that I would give a little update on what I've been up to lately.

I went to Denver to visit my younger sister for a week while she was in the hospital and that is where I finished up Ramadan and celebrated Eid. Walking around Denver proved to be less stressful than in my own town. I guess that is because no matter where I looked, there was someone different. My sister always says anyone can find their particular brand of person in Denver, and that is true. Although I didn't see any other niqabi sisters when I went shopping or driving around, no one acted like seeing me veiled was anything they had never seen before. Unlike at home where even though I go out veiled all of the time, there are always at least a couple of people that stop and stare holes through my black layers.

My first semester as a student of knowledge with the Islamic Online University wrapped up the second week of August with final exams. They went pretty well over all but I think that I could have done better. In sha Allaah I will get to continue with the fall semester in a few days.

Classes resumed at the University of Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago, sparking the increase in business (and hours worked) at my store and football season. I am still waiting to find out if I will get promoted when the newest store opens but Allaah, subhana wa'tala, has a plan and only He knows what that plan is, I just have to trust that He knows what is best while I do not. I have also been my youngest son's learning coach for his first semester of sixth grade in an online public school.

I have a couple of things in the works for future blog entries, so please, don't give up on me (at least one is requiring more research). I promise I'm still here. Also, I have been in the process of putting some writing samples together for Sisters Magazine based in the UK, to potentially be selected as a contributing writer for the magazine in sha Allaah. So those of you who subscribe to that (and even if you don't) stay tuned for that!

Well, that is pretty much a recap of what I've been up to for the last month. I have a lot of things started, which hopefully I will be wrapping a few of them up soon.

Wa salaam!!

1 comment:

  1. girl anyone who can at least "Pass" just 1 class of theirs has my respect ma sha Allah! University level work-load.

    ♥ Holly

    ReplyDelete