Thursday, March 13, 2014

Finding Strength from the Hate

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

After my last post I received a pretty hateful reply. I chose to leave it posted so that others who read this can see what I deal with and so there is no, or at least, less satisfaction given to the writer of the reply.

I knew when I decided to start writing and putting my life out there for the masses to see that there would be those who disagree with what I do. This person may or may not know me in my life and words are always tougher when they are coming from the other side of a computer screen.

So that is what this post is about - not letting those who spew their hate get to you. No matter what it is that you do in or with your life, there will always be someone somewhere that will not agree with you. There will always be the most negative and hateful words being used against you but as long as you're passionate about what you do and you truly believe in yourself and what you stand for, don't let those who are against you win. 

People fear what they do not know. Be strong for yourself and be an inspiration to someone else who may need that one kind word or smile or that one good deed. Take the hurtful, hate-filled words and use them to make you a stronger person and you will come out the winner. 

Those words and names that I was called only strengthen my resolve to be a better person and Muslimah in all aspects of my life. So for that, I thank the writer of that reply. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry sister, those words will never ever do you the least harm. Allah swt see's and hears everything, and I pray that the angels defend you whenever abuses are thrown at you. Ameen.

    This has always been the way of the Prophets and righteous people before. Even Mary, the mother of Jesus was called horrible names, and where are those that called her those words today? No one even remembers them or knows their name!
    Mary (peace be upon her) on the other hand is remembered till tomorrow.

    May Allah swt guide us all to that which He loves. Ameen

    ReplyDelete